Here’s an overview of my experience and training.
Specht Consulting & Facilitation
1995 – Current
Provide coaching, consultation, facilitation, training and conflict management services for individuals, teams, organizations and communities.
- Conflict Management
Physician Well-Being Coach and Facilitator
Working with hospitals and healthcare systems to support doctors’ well-being and sense of connection to their calling as physicians in the midst of today’s pressurized healthcare world.
- Design and facilitate meetings of physician colleagues where doctors can explore the human side of medicine
The Woodbury Institute at Champlain College
Faculty in Mediation & Applied Conflict Studies
1996 – Current
Teach courses in Organizational Conflict and Identity-Based Conflict.
- Design and teaching graduate level courses in on-line and face-to-face settings
- Curriculum Design
Alternative Dispute Resolution Advisor
2013 – Current
Provide facilitation, coaching, dispute resolution and training resources for FEMA employees and teams in disaster areas.
Seeing Things Whole
Director of Research and Organizational Services
1995 – 2014
Consulted with private and public sector organizations around the U.S. on the development of culture and processes that support ethical practice.
- Coaching of leaders and teams
- Design and facilitation of reflective processes
- Facilitation of round tables and conferences
Coaching, consulting, training, program design, facilitation, conflict management, writing.
Education & Training
- University of Maine, Orono – BA in Psychology and Philosophy, 1977
- Andover Newton Theological School – M Div., 1989
- Woodbury College – Certificate in Mediation Studies, 1996
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI) – Certified Professional Coactive Coach, 2016
And training in the areas of:
- Large Group Interventions
- Emotional and Social Competency